Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Craftybase walk-through part 2

Craftybase walk-through of selling an item

Hopefully you have had some time to use Craftybase and are comfortable entering all your expenses and inventory items! I had to get into a bit of a rhythm when entering my manufactures and my orders and actually had to make myself little notes that I put right next to the computer at first. I had to think of it this way: I am not just taking the fabric and balling it up then sending to my customers, I am actually making a tangible item with it. This is what your manufactures are, that tangible item (my cheat sheet said "I made this!" to help me remember why I am entering my item there).
screen shot of an item in my projects tab- the manufactures tab is circled in blue and this is what you want to update anytime you make an item!
 
I am going to use the example of pants I make for little ones. I buy my fabric and get it all entered as an expense. Then I am going to go in and create a project to let my system know "hey, I will be making these grey pants with a really cute pink airplane on the tush and these are the fabrics I use when making it" that way anytime I make those pants in the future I don't have to remember how much fabric I use for my applique or the pants. If there is a consistent material I use every single time I make these pants then I will add that to the recipe (the tab for this can be seen in the middle-right of your screen once you save the project). However, if the amount of fabric you use changes because you make different sizes/ colors etc. you can leave it out of the recipe OR you can remember to adjust the amount you use when you create a manufacture. Once I actually make those adorable airplane pants I need to let my system know I used a couple squares of fabric, some elastic and some grey interlock knit fabric as well. This is where you can add that great tracking number as well if you are selling children's items! I use it for my batch code under the manufactures tab as well as my order code under my order screen so I can see that tracking number easily on the main orders screen, which is where we will go once our manufacture is created. Add your item to the order and you are set! If you ever forget to enter the manufacture for an item, the system will have a red negative number in the "in stock" column under the main project screen. It's easy to see when you glace at the screen and you can go back and enter it then so your inventory stays up-to-date! I feel like my business information in much more organized now and after the bulk of my items were entered it felt much less daunting to keep up with. If you haven't had a chance to check out Craftybase head over there and take advantage of their 14 day FREE trial. Play around with it and see what you think. it works great for all types of businesses that create items to sell out of different materials (bakers, jewelry makers, wood-workers . . .)
DISCLAMIER: I am in no way affiliated with Craftybase, I am just a happy customer and work-at-home-mama that wants to help others out by making managing this part of your business easier. When you use my referral link, it does give both you and me 10% off our monthly fees so make sure to use it or someone else's that you know and get the discount!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment